Web Maintenance Volunteer
Operation back end of SWOOP websites. Planning and executing design; maintaining and upgrading service.
Duties of Position:
- Adds content to site
- Maintains site content; funneling traffic through content
- Adds and maintains graphics and images; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements. Establishing links.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Web graphic design
- Web savvy
- Web User Interface Design
- Web Programming Skills
- Illustration Tools
- Multimedia Content Development
- Internet Presence
- Verbal Communication
Must pass a background check. Training for our current site is provided by web designers.
Volunteer Hours will be accounted for. Volunteer hours can be tracked and reported.
United Way SA
Call a Ride for Seniors
San Antonio Area Foundation
South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
West San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Bexar County
“My mobility isn’t what it used to be, so it’s nice to know I can count on my SWOOP volunteer to get me where I need to go. Not only has he become a friend, he’s a part of my family.”