Social Media Intern - Volunteer
To assist our agency with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
Duties of Position:
- Creating content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the staff
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube, and minor video editing skills are a plus
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Executive Director
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- This position is an unpaid position
- This position requires 5-10 hours weekly, plus attend staff meetings
- You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them.
- Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
Must pass a background check. Hours are flexible. Volunteer Hours will be accounted for. Volunteer hours can be tracked and reported.
United Way SA
Call a Ride for Seniors
San Antonio Area Foundation
South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
West San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Bexar County
“My mobility isn’t what it used to be, so it’s nice to know I can count on my SWOOP volunteer to get me where I need to go. Not only has he become a friend, he’s a part of my family.”